MR Driver - Altona North
Join one of Victoria's Leading Not-For-Profits!
MR Driver - Altona North DC
Full Time Ongoing Position Available
Our drivers are on the frontline of our operations and are the face of the Society, so you need to be a special kind of person that leads by example and demonstrate our values. As a member of our thriving transport team you will be responsible for collecting donated furniture, as well as supporting our successful retail network by picking up excess donations.
The successful candidate for the role will bring a "hands on" flexible approach and be a proactive operator, providing an excellent customer service experience for those that use our services.
More specifically you will have:
- A MR driving license or higher.
- Previous commercial driving experience, multi drop preferred
- Experience in loading & unloading trucks safely
- Experience in furniture removal / delivery
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Possess strong values and character
- A superior commitment to safety
- Unload and load the truck in a safe and timely manner
- Multi-stop pickups and deliveries - dedicated runs
- Load restraint compliance
- Legibly complete and hand in all paperwork
- Be part of a proactive safety culture and participate in all safety initiatives
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community. We are passionate about #Social Justice
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us
- We live and breathe our values
Vinnies is much more than a retail store
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and complete the form below to tell us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 1st December 2019
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety