Youth Officer - Communications
Join one of Victoria's Leading Not-For-Profits!
Full Time, Ongoing Role
Tax Reducing Salary Packaging + Mobile Phone + Other great benefits!
The St Vincent de Paul Society and its wide network of volunteers provide practical frontline support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of the community. If you are someone who wants to do life changing work and make a real impact upon the people in your community then please read on!
We have a new opportunity for a passionate advocate to join the Society as the Youth Officer - Communications. The role of the Youth Officer – Communications is to promote and build awareness of youth programs and initiatives through effective communication journeys for young leaders and teachers. Through inspiring and innovative content creation, young leaders will be challenged, motivated and equipped to do good works.
The position is responsible for the Events, Resources & Administration Portfolio for the team and will create user-friendly resources designed to assist in the formation and development of School and Youth Membership Programs. Key focus areas include the creation of toolkits & templates, social media and video content, EDM journeys, web development, event administration and coordination.
Your excellent communication skills and positive energy will enable you to build strong relationships and trust across the organisation quickly. You come from a strong marketing and admin background and understand how important a keen eye for detail is and thrive on producing content to a high standard across various digital platforms.
Known for being extra organised, you will enjoy the responsibility of producing a communication calendar and planning campaigns for the year ahead. You will relish any opportunities to think strategically about building the team's capabilities through the streamlining of processes and evaluating outcomes.
This is a unique and truly fabulous opportunity for someone who wants to contribute their skills to an organisation committed to helping others.
More about the Youth Engagement Team
The primary aim of the Youth Engagement Team is to build a vibrant and active youth membership. Their core work is to respond to the needs of young members, build their leadership capacity and support them to deliver good works in the community. There are a number of Youth Officer roles in the team. Each Officer role carries a portfolio area and will work collaboratively across portfolio areas when required.
- Tertiary qualifications (Bachelors or higher) in a related discipline, including Marketing, Communications, Events, Education, PR
- Proficiency in digital design software (Indesign, Photoshop etc.) and social media channels
- Ability to tailor content to a highly varied audience (from children to retirees)
- Ability to promote the ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society to young people to deepen their commitment to social justice and assisting others
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Project Management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Drivers license (preferred)
Knowledge / Experience
- Sophisticated understanding of social media and how to use online tools for communication (e.g. Campaign Monitor)
- Leadership experience working with youth, including the ability to develop collaborative working relationships
- Excellent organisation and time management, including the ability to set priorities
- Experience in networking and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders
- Website management experience
- Content writing across different mediums
- Empathy and understanding of the ethos and mission of the St Vincent de Paul Society
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style capable of motivating others.
- Open to new work practices and responsive to change
- Willingness to vary normal working hours
Why work for us? We offer:
- Excellent working hours of 37.5 hours a week
- Tax Reducing Salary Packaging + Mobile Phone + other fantastic SVDP benefits
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of over 300,000 people every year
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work
- We have a very diverse infrastructure portfolio which keeps the job interesting!
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to a charitable organisation committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way
- We live and breathe our values
Vinnies changes lives every day
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 24 November 2019
Interviews will be held on Monday 2 December 2019
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed. These will include psychometric testing, reference checking, a national criminal history check and current working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety