Join one of Victoria's leading not-for-profits in this brand new exciting role!
Competitive Salary + Tax reducing salary package
Full Time, Fixed Term (3 years)
Box Hill location
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. Committed to hiring staff who possess the genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of others, we currently have a brand new opportunity for someone to join our ICT Team at an exciting and transformative time!
The position of Data Analyst will interpret current and future Society data and turn it into information that can be used to provide insights into the business’ operations and offer ways to improve business processes, affecting decisions and strategic direction. They will gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends, analysing data to improve quality and efficiency of data systems. The role works alongside other teams across the organisation to establish business needs and transform these into innovative technology solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to be instrumental in adding value and direction to an organisation that is committed to helping others. If you are passionate about making change and being in a role pivotal to the Society's direction over the coming years, then we would love you to apply!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology and Data Analytics, or a closely related field; or/and
- 3+ years of experience working in a role with similar functions as a Data Analyst;
- ITIL Certification (Highly regarded but not essential)
Experience and skills:
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy; as well as the ability to think things through, anticipate solutions and next steps, and see the bigger picture
- Experience in running projects / implementations and working with all levels of stakeholders
- Experience with different Data sources including customising and managing Data solutions
- Proven experience with and strong knowledge of CRM systems (such as Dynamics 365, Salesforce), database management software, and Business Intelligence toolsets
- Proven experience working with MSSQL, querying, and building and generating system reports
- Ability to work constructively and productively in a team environment supported by vendors in an outsourced environment
- Work with limited supervision and know when to seek direction, if unclear
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop good relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and balance competing or conflicting demands
- Well-developed time management skills, with an ability to meet tight deadlines
- Liaise professionally with staff and external suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and respectfully
- Strong and flexible work ethic
Awareness of, and ability to work within, the ethos of the Society
Experience, skills and attributes:
- Proficiency working with SQL products (Dynamics, MS SQL, Miranda DB, My SQL, etc.) and a willingness to adapting to new technology
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Management and Analytics
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and to complete a high volume of work and meet deadlines with excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Excellent work-life balance and great work hours (37.5 per week)
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of over 300,000 people every year.
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work.
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an firm committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice.
- We live and breathe our values.
Call to action!
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV, Cover Letter and a document addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the Position Description. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Wednesday 20 November 2019 at 11.30pm
The process will include phone screening, an online psychometric assessment and a panel interview.
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety