Retail Assistant Manager - Hoppers Crossing
Join one of Victoria's Leading Not-For-Profits!
Part Time, Ongoing Role
30 Hours per week - Work till 6:15pm during the week and also working Sunday
A real destination for savvy shoppers our vibrant store located in the Western suburbs is seeking a motivated and strong retail team leader who enjoys keeping busy and loves building relationships. A hive of activity, this shop is offering an opportunity for a suitably experienced retailer looking for their next leadership opportunity to expand their career.
You are someone who enjoys providing a positive customer experience, while ensuring high standards of store presentation and stock management are maintained. You are a wiz at learning new skills and will embrace a diverse collection of furniture, fashion and homewares.
You will bring a "hands on" approach and be a proactive operator who thrives on delivering outstanding customer experience. This is a unique and truly fabulous opportunity for an innovative, energetic emerging leader to cultivate and expand your capabilities to prepare you for your next leadership role.
More specifically you will have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service
- Proven retail sales experience with a drive to beat sales targets
- Retail leadership experience with a real focus on people
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of stock control management
- An ability to manage competing priorities, tasks and overall expectations
- A capacity and passion for self-development
- A “Can do” proactive attitude and positive team spirit
Key accountabilities include:
- Assisting the Store Manager in leading and training our volunteer team to deliver a memorable experience for our customers
- Striving for, meeting and beating sales targets
- Maintaining store presentation and stock intensity
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging + loading on Retail Award Level 6
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community. We are passionate about #Social Justice
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us
- We live and breathe our values
The St Vincent de Paul Society aspires to be recognised as a caring Catholic charity offering ‘a hand up’ to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their destiny by providing practical support, advocacy and friendship. The Society is one of the most recognised and highly regarded charitable organisations that has been providing support to Victorians for 160 years. We operate over 100 retail shops throughout Victoria, commonly called “Vinnies” that raise much needed funds to support those who are vulnerable in the community.
Vinnies is more than a retail store
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 10th November 2019
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety