Call Centre Team Leader
Join one of Victoria's leading not-for-profits
Part time, 30 hours per week
Box Hill location
Resilient? Empathetic? Customer orientated? Committed to making a difference to the lives of others? If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Call Centre Team Leader to provide training, leadership and support to our busy inbound Call Centre based in our Central Office in Box Hill. Reporting to General Manager - Service Development you will be a 'front line' operator, supporting our volunteers with Material Aid requests from the most vulnerable people across Victoria. Material Aid requests include food vouchers, clothing, furniture, budget support, assistance with utility bills or back to school costs.
Box Hill Call Centre
The Call Centre receive over 300 calls daily from people in need throughout Victoria with varying requests for assistance with material aid. It is staffed by volunteers and services the Melbourne metropolitan conferences. It is a necessary contact point for making the Society accessible to people in need. Without the volunteers dedication, commitment and understanding this team could not carry out the 'good works' of the Society.
Its purpose is to assist the work of local groups, called conferences, by:
- Receiving and accurately recording all requests for help
- Passing on all requests promptly to the correct conferences
- Answering queries from callers regarding response times
You will be highly customer focused with strong leadership experience preferably in a not-for-profit Call Centre environment. You are naturally empathetic to the needs of others while also recognising the efficient use of resources will lead to providing the best outcomes to the most disadvantaged in our community. This can be a difficult balance which takes resilience, deep understanding and excellent communication skills. Your motivating and energetic presence will have you leading your team of volunteers through the most rewarding and challenging experiences by helping them understand the significant impact their work is doing for the community.
- Experience in leading teams within a Call Centre environment
- De-escalation training or experience in de-escalating calls/ situations
- A strong focus on customer service, with genuine empathy and understanding for the needs of key stakeholders
Experience in developing systems designed to improve outcomes and efficiencies
Demonstrated commitment to effective Call Centre operations and service experience
Experience in Microsoft Office Products i.e, Outlook, Excel, Access, Word and data management
Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety matters relating to the workplace
Qualifications in Customer Service or related discipline/ relevant work experience
Knowledge of Community Services sector
Experience in working with people (especially volunteers) from diverse backgrounds and circumstance
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with staff, volunteers and key stakeholders
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and interpersonal
- Excellent time management and prioritsation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- The ability to work independently and as directed
- To have an empathy and understanding of the St Vincent de Paul Society
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to the community
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 5th May 2019
The process will include phone screening and a panel interview.
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety