Finance Officer – Conference Support
Join one of Victoria's leading not-for-profits
- Tax reducing salary package - save thousands of dollars!
- Full time
- Box Hill location
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. Committed to hiring staff who possess the genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of others, we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our passionate and driven Finance team!
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Finance Officer to provide accurate and timely support in the collection of financial data. Reporting directly to the Management Accountant, you will process information and support on a range of accounting matters with a strong focus on customer service and a high level of professionalism. You will enjoy collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders and thrive on working as part of a team to deliver a level of work you are justifiably proud of.
More specifically you will have:
- Demonstrated experience with Navison 2017 or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with Commbiz or similar banking systems
- Demonstrated experience in working with ProMaster Inlogik or similar
- Demonstrated experience using MS Office, specifically Excel and other Accounting systems
- Demonstrated experience on development and delivery of training
- Experience in working with a Not-for Profit organization is preferred
- Behaves in an ethical and professional manner at all times
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team
- Ability to form relationships with various parts of the organisation
- Ability to set priorities and work within timeframes and deadlines
- Attention to detail, strong focus on accuracy with the ability to analyse figures
- Demonstrate smooth and timely organisational ability
- Ability to make considered decisions and solve complex problems
In return we offer:
- Salary packaging/ salary sacrificing. A popular way of providing employees in the community sector with tax benefits over and above their salary. It means the real value of a salary package can be significantly higher than the nominal value.
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of over 300,000 people every year.
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work.
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an firm committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice.
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way.
- We live and breathe our values.
Vinnies changes lives every day
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role.
Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 28 April 2019 at 11.30pm
The process will include phone screening, an online psychometric assessment, a panel interview.
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed. These will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety.