Material Aid Assistant
Join one of Victoria's leading not-for-profits
- Tax reducing salary package - save thousands of dollars!
- Part Time - Fit in around your busy lifestyle!
- Box Hill location
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. We are committed to hiring staff who possess the genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of others, and we currently have a rare and exciting opportunity to join our passionate Retail team!
Reporting to the Manager - Loss Prevention, you are responsible for the management and supply of the furniture for material aid needs supplied by the Altona Warehouse in Metropolitan of Melbourne. As a part of this role you are responsible for the fulfilling of orders for stores on furniture supply from Altona Warehouse and Vinnies Ebay sales
You will have proven retail experience with a focus on sales, merchandising and stock rotation. Your enthusiastic, motivating style will enable you to quickly build strong relationships with both your team and the wider organisation.
You will bring a "hands on" approach and be a proactive operator who leads by example and thrives on delivering outstanding customer service. This is a unique and truly fabulous opportunity for an innovative, energetic and driven individual who is committed to making a difference in their community!
- Experience in retail sales, merchandising and stock rotation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently as directed by the Loss Prevention Manager and Altona Warehouse Team Leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management skills and the ability to work within tight timeframes
- Honest and reliable
- Willingness to learn
In return we offer:
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Training and development opportunities
- A place where you know you are contributing to a firm committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice.
** Please note that full time hours are required up to 6 weeks a year to cover holiday leave within the team **
Vinnies changes lives every day
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Tuesday 16 April 2019
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety