Education Program Coordinator - Maidstone Reading Club
Part Time - Fixed Term - 2 years
Make your mark, make a difference
An outstanding opportunity for a passionate educator looking for part time hours, to join the St Vincent de Paul Society’s growing youth services team.
Reporting to the Team Leader - Education Programs, you will play a key role in the establishment and management of the Maidstone Reading Club.
As Education Program Coordinator you will be responsible for the successful introduction of the program, and ensuring the program operates with excellence. You will enjoy working within a framework of continuous quality improvement and reflective practice with an open mind to new and innovative practices which will see the programs reputation soar.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability to meet and exceed individual student learning needs, in particular your current experience in working with young people and the profound impact education support has on a young individual’s life. You will bring a proactive supportive approach and be an authentic leader who thrives on delivering outstanding work and contributing to an engaging learning experience for our students.
More specifically you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, including social science, education (preferred), youth work, social work community engagement (or significant & current study towards such a qualification)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to work independently as well as lead a team of volunteers
- Experience leading a community group
- Experience in public speaking and/or facilitating training
- Ability to work independently, with strong organisational and time management skills, including setting priorities and working within deadlines
- Experience working with young people with significant social and academic challenges
Key accountabilities include:
- Managing the program by leading and engaging our team of volunteers to provide an exceptional education service
- Implement student management strategies that encourage student engagement
- Providing extra practical support in literacy and social skills to students experiencing disadvantage
- Identify needs of the program or community and develop, implement and review responses and systems that promote best practice service facilitation
- Developing program plans which support the direction of the Membership and Development Department and the Youth and Education Team
- Training, supporting and recruiting our dedicated team of volunteers
- Maintaining accurate records with a high level of confidentiality
In return we offer you an opportunity to:
- Live your passion for education and social justice advocacy
- Impact young people’s lives in meaningful ways
- Be part of a dynamic and thriving local community
- Celebrate diversity and help overcome disadvantage
- Work part time - Initially, 22.5 hours per week for 9 weeks, to ensure implementation of the program, 10 hours per week thereafter.
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. On the frontline, face-to-face.The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 volunteers. To find out more visit vinnies.org.au. Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; Compeer support for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
Grow with Vinnies
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you.Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 17 February, 2019
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety