LR / MR Driver - Altona North
Full time - Ongoing
Our drivers are the 'face' of our organisation, so you need to be a special type of driver to be successful – someone who also loves providing great customer experience.
You will be required to travel from our Altona Warehouse to complete multiple deliveries and pickups to our customers, including furniture from our generous donor’s homes.
You will bring a "hands on" flexible approach and be a proactive operator who thrives on delivering outstanding customer experience.
More specifically you will have:
- A LR/MR driving license.
- Previous commercial driving experience, multi drop preferred
- Experience in loading & unloading trucks safely
- Experience in furniture removal / delivery
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Possess strong values and character
- A superior commitment to safety
- Unload and load the truck in a safe and timely manner
- Multi-stop pickups and deliveries - dedicated runs
- Load restraint compliance
- Legibly complete and hand in all paperwork
- Be part of a proactive safety culture and participate in all safety initiatives
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
Vinnies is much more than a retail store
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and complete the form below to tell us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 14 October 2018
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety