NWCC Development Officer - Ballarat
Fixed Term - 3 years
You will work with the volunteer membership to support the Society’s North West Central Council (a region taking in Apollo Bay to Mildura) to provide effective responses to disadvantage within local communities. With the assistance of a part time Administrative Assistant you will provide support to grow and develop the membership, engage in partnerships with local agencies, and encourage new responses to local need and to positively impact the lives of people seeking our assistance.
Your engaging style will enable you to quickly build strong relationships with our internal and external community members. You will provide advice and guidance on a range of matters to various committees within the North West. This is a unique and truly fabulous opportunity for an innovative, energetic leader to actively engage with our members to contribute to the long term success of the North West Central Council.
Key accountabilities include:
- Contribute to and participate in the development and delivery of the Central Council specific business plans and activities as requested by that Council.
- Develop and implement membership recruitment strategies in partnership with Central and Regional Councils, Conferences and Members.
- Support volunteer members to develop external networks and an understanding of other local agencies operating in the Central Council area.
- Support Conferences in the delivery of their assistance programs by assisting with the identification of unmet needs and providing relevant information and resources
- Organisation of local events which celebrate the Mission and Spirituality of the Society.
More specifically you will have:
- Experience in the planning and execution of key projects
- Outstanding capacity to support the establishment of a network of relevant community and like-minded organisations
- Demonstrated experience in supporting, engaging and communicating with a variety of key stakeholders
- Experience in working with, and the recruitment and development of volunteers
- Experience in working with Catholic entity networks and organisations
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with members, volunteers and staff
- Strong and effective judgement and decision making skills
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Tool of trade motor vehicle
Vinnies changes lives every day
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
* Weekend & evening work will be required and working hours will be flexible.*
Applications close: Wednesday 17th October 2018