Part time – Geelong
20 hours per week across 5 days
Fixed term to 30 June 2020
Potential to extend
Reporting to the General Manager, Service Development, the NILS Coordinator is pivotal in providing a strong financial/Coordination framework for the successful operation of the Society’ NILS Programme. The NILS Coordinator will manage the operations of the No Interest Loans Scheme for the organisation under the guidance and management of the General Manager- Service Development and the Chair of Vinnies NILS Programme.
You will be enthusiastic, and driven by a commitment to provide service of a high standard. You are a proactive "hands on" team player who thrives on delivering outstanding work.
More specifically you will have:
- Certificate IV or Tertiary Qualification in finance, accounting or bookkeeping
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and managing financial reporting and reconciliations
- Well-developed administrative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed analytical and numeracy skills
- Good time management and ability to work without supervision
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively with volunteers as well as key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and promotion – including social media.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the credit needs of low income consumers and commitment to promoting financial inclusion (preferred)
- Well-developed communication and relationship management skills together with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
Key accountabilities include:
- Operations Coordination in ensuring detailed processes are in place to assess, approve, submit and manage loan provision and repayment in accordance with policies and guidelines
- Create an environment of continuous improvement in programs and service, including processes for review, evaluation and the application of demonstrated best practice
- Service Delivery in developing and maintaining volunteer base within Geelong and offsite locations
- Use the loan management system to administer load disbursement, monitor, manage loan repayments and maintain good quality data
- People Management in provision of line management support to the NILS assistant
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to the community
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. On the frontline, face-to-face.
Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; Compeer support for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 volunteers. To find out more visit vinnies.org.au.
Vinnies changes lives every day
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role by addressing the key selection criteria in the Position Description. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 26 August
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed. These will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety.