Marketing and Communications Manager
Marketing and Communications Manager
Full time - Fixed Term 12 months
Box Hill Location
Reporting to the General Manager Marketing and Fundraising, you will be a key member of the Marketing and Communications team supporting the organisation to help those experiencing disadvantage in our communities.
This is an opportunity to use your marketing and communication skills in leading the development and effective stewardship of all marketing and communications activities.
We are looking for someone who can work confidently and autonomously to be a creative custodian for our brand.
Key accountabilities include:
- Manage a diverse group of stakeholders to centralise and deliver on campaign planning, media buying, production and reporting
- Manage a Digital Coordinator to deliver the digital strategy for the organisation including social media, digital lead generation campaigns, EDM campaigns, website management and reporting
- Manage a PR Coordinator to provide proactive public relations for the organisation
- Provide specialist counsel and asset production for the CEO and senior stakeholders
- Provide editing and copy writing services for the production of regular newsletters and publications
- Manage the Graphic Design specialist and Marketing Coordinator to provide brand/creative advisory services and graphic design services
- Support all seasonal appeals with media buying, digital marketing and public relations services
You are a proactive ‘hands on’ manager who thrives on delivering outstanding work and contributing to a positive team culture. Regarded as having exceptional experience in and knowledge of marketing and communication leadership, you will actively engage with our key audiences to develop effective marketing and communications activities for optimal impact.
More specifically you will have:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in working at a senior management level developing and implementing Marketing and Communications strategies including a track record of success in increasing levels of community awareness, engagement and generating positive media coverage for NFP organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of major fundraising campaigns/events for NFP organisations
- Demonstrated experience in managing and cultivating media relationships
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply appropriate communications tones/styles for different audiences including those seeking assistance, supporters, donors, members, volunteers, media and the broader community
- A sound understanding of social impact and its translation into communication activities including advocacy
- Demonstrated experience in management
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) and stakeholder management skills
- Advanced knowledge of digital media platforms
- Bachelors or other relevant tertiary qualifications in Communications, Marketing, Arts or a related area
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to the community
The St Vincent de Paul Society and its wide network of members and volunteers provide practical frontline support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. Key services include home visitation; youth programs; soup vans; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; compeer programs for people experiencing mental illness; education and tutoring; and professional accommodation and health services through VincentCare. The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 40,000 members and volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 members. To find out more visit www.vinnies.org.au.
Vinnies changes lives every day
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 12 August 2018
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed. These will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and current working with children check.