Area Support Manager - Western Victoria
Fixed term – Maternity leave cover (12 months)
We are looking for an experienced Area Support Manager to join team Vinnies. You will be someone who is a passionate leader and thrives on providing their team training and support to ensure they succeed.
You are a strong retailer with proven leadership experience who enjoys driving and supporting high performance through providing outstanding communication to their team. You are someone who has a high learning agility and actively seeks out development opportunities in an environment that supports the leader you are today through to the leader you want to grow to be tomorrow.
More specifically you will have:
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills to deal effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to coach and lead people to develop a strong team culture
- An ability to effectively deal with conflict situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods
- Extensive knowledge of retail management, sales and merchandising
- Experience in leading, training, developing and motivating people to develop high performing, engaged teams
- Strong coaching and development ability with a lead from the front mentoring approach
- Experience in planning, prioritising and organising work, both on an individual and team basis, within a set timetable and in an environment of change and conflicting demands
- Demonstrated experience working with a high degree of autonomy with the authority to make decisions in relation to the areas retail operations
- A willingness to travel within Victoria
Key accountabilities include:
- Supporting multiple shop teams in operations, resourcing and recruitment
- Training, inspiring and recruiting our dedicated team of staff and volunteers
- Identify and utilise opportunities for improvement
- Develop and promote a safe, healthy and positive culture within the shops
- Driving high performance
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Excellent growth opportunity
- Excellent working conditions and work life balance
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. On the frontline, face-to-face.
Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; Compeer support for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 volunteers. To find out more visit vinnies.org.au.
Grow with Vinnies
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 17 June 2018
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety