People Engagement Officer
Full time - 0.8 Negotiable
Fixed term 12 months
We are looking for a high energy and passionate People Engagement Officer who is:
- Excited about delivering quality recruitment and administration services to the organisation
- Up for a challenge and is a “people person”
- Someone who wants to work hard while having fun!
About the role and the “fun” stuff you’ll be doing
As part of the broader HR team at the Society you'll be joining a dynamic and passionate group of people who are hardworking and make a difference. We like to have a laugh and you will always find some sort of chocolate or cake in our work area… be prepared!
Reporting to the HR Operations Manager, you will partner with specific groups to deliver staff recruitment services with a strong customer focus. This will include drafting PDs and ads, managing employment documentation and facilitating interviews. You will also provide quality administration support for volunteer recruitment, including managing enquiries, processing volunteer applications and ensuring compliance.
We are looking for someone who is responsive, approachable and solutions-focused. Positive impact is what we are all about so if you are someone who has loads of initiative and a will to help teams succeed, come on and apply already!
What does success look like?
For our “people” team, success is all about enabling the Society to establish and maintain a great culture with highly engaged people: attracting, developing and retaining great volunteers and employees.
To do this you will need:
- A passion for recruitment and general human resources
- Demonstrated experience in delivering in-house recruitment services and coaching managers in recruitment processes
- Strong administration and data entry skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including phone and interviewing skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Highly organised and attentive to detail
- A willingness to occasionally travel throughout Victoria as required
Full disclosure…'Stuff' you should know up-front.
- We are fanatical about culture-fit. How we are with each other is super important. This is key to both your and our success!
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of over 300,000 people every year. It’s great, however we have a fair way to go before we can call ourselves excellent. We're working on it and we'll get there over time!
- Our processes aren't perfect either. We know it and are working on it. Our progress in this area is going to help us make an even bigger difference in the lives of those in need.
- We are on our way into a meaningful, positive, fun future… that means there are some people changes happening across the organisation. Be prepared to be one of a few new faces.
About the organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. On the frontline, face-to-face.
Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; Compeer support for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 volunteers. To find out more visit vinnies.org.au.
An opportunity not to be missed!
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Tuesday 19 June 2018
*Immediate start preferred*
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.