HR Operations Manager
Full time – Box Hill
About the organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. On the frontline, face-to-face.
Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; Compeer support for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 volunteers. To find out more visit vinnies.org.au.
We are looking for a high energy and passionate HR Operations Manager who is:
- Excited about overseeing end to end HR operations including recruitment, compliance, on-boarding, ER, performance processes, remuneration frameworks and payroll.
- Up for a challenge and is experienced in implementing technology improvements
- Opportunistic and on the hunt for ways to make all kinds of ‘people-stuff' better
- Someone who wants to work hard while having fun!
About the role and the “fun” stuff you’ll be doing
As part of the broader HR team at the Society you'll be joining a dynamic and passionate group of people who are hardworking and make a difference. We like to have a laugh and you will always find some sort of chocolate or cake in our work area… be prepared!
Reporting to the GM HR, you will lead a team of 5 employees who deliver our full range of HR operations to the organisation. The development and support of this group of people will be one of your greatest responsibilities. We are looking for someone who leads authentically and by example.
Working with your team in this newly crafted role there is an exciting set of initiatives waiting for the successful candidate. We aren’t looking for someone who can deliver conventional solutions or approaches to people operations. We are ready to take a big step forward in terms of processes, technology and service to the organisation. Our people and their talents are too important for us to be wasting time with clunky processes.
Positive impact is what we are all about and we do this, not constrained by budget but released by innovation and great ideas from a talented team. If you're willing to make bold improvements, bring some creative flair + possess the heart and ability to pull it off – come on and apply already!
What does success look like?
For our “people” team, success is all about enabling the Society to establish and maintain a great culture with highly engaged people: attracting, developing and retaining great volunteers and employees. To do this you will need:
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management ability
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- A strong track record of leading HR operations and implementing technology improvements
- Detailed understanding of the industrial relations system, including National Employment Standards and Modern Awards
- Proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in managing employee relations processes to resolution
- Strong experience with technology and databases and HRM reporting, data management and analysis
- A knack for making the complex, simple.
Full disclosure…'Stuff' you should know up-front.
- We are fanatical about culture-fit. How we are with each other is super important. This is key to both your and our success!
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of over 300,000 people every year. It’s great, however we have a fair way to go before we can call ourselves excellent. We're working on it and we'll get there over time!
- Our processes aren't perfect either. We know it and are working on it. Our progress in this area is going to help us make an even bigger difference in the lives of those in need.
- We are on our way into a meaningful, positive, fun future… that means there are some people changes happening across the organisation. Be prepared to be one of a few new faces.
Call to action!
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Monday 21 May 2018 at 9am
The process will include phone screening on Tuesday 22 May, an online psychometric assessment to be completed between 23-25 May and a panel interview on Friday 25 May. Please prepare to be invited to participate in this process on these dates.
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.