Full time - Fixed term - 12 Months
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Transport Supervisor to provide leadership, training and support of our busy drivers in the Eastern Suburbs. Reporting directly to the Transport Manager, you will provide assistance in the management of day to day operations and support on a range of matters with a strong focus on customer service.
Your main focus is to ensure the provision of a high quality experience to our internal and external customers through responding and resolving complex issues, encouraging a continuous improvement mindset and engaging and coaching of our dedicated Driver team. As the Transport Supervisor you will be responsible for controlling and coordinating all transport activities for the smooth running transport fleet.
You will bring a "hands on" approach and be a proactive operator who thrives on delivering outstanding service.
More specifically you will have:
- Experience in leading teams within a Transport & Logistics environment
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills to deal effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in planning, prioritising and organising work, both on an individual and team basis, within a set timetable and in an environment of change and conflicting demands
- A strong focus on customer service, with strong empathy and understanding for the needs of key stakeholders, with an ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Strong geographic knowledge of Melbourne CBD and metro area
- MR+ Truck Licence
Key accountabilities include:
- Assisting in the management of a medium sized fleet
- Make decisions in relation to the successful day to day transport operation through supervision and coaching.
- Support the drivers and help with any issues that arise (with the help of the Transport Manager if needed)
- Conduct regular team meetings with focus on set targets/KPIs.
- Assist the Transport Manager with the continuous development and improvement of procedures and processes
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to the community
The St Vincent de Paul Society aspires to be recognised as a caring Catholic charity offering ‘a hand up’ to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their destiny.
The Society relies on over 12,000 Members and Volunteers state-wide to support the Society in its great works.
Vinnies much more than a retail store
If making a difference in your community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role by addressing the key selection criteria in the Position Description. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 20 May 2018
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed. These will include reference checking, a medical, psychometric assessment, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer.