Youth & Education Development Manager
Fixed Term – 3 Years
Full time – Box Hill Until End June 2018 – thereafter 0.8 FTE
Reporting to the GM Service Development, you will lead your team to identify and implement new innovative opportunities to engage with younger people to develop a passion for social justice and a connection with the Society that lasts a lifetime.
This role will see you furthering the mission, vision and values of the organisation to increase our Youth Membership, leading and managing the existing youth and education program stream, and ensuring effective engagement, quality services and supports to members and young people engaged with the Society so that they can be effective in their responses to the most disadvantaged in our communities.
Your engaging style will enable you to quickly build strong relationships with not only your team but our internal and external community. Utilising your exceptional project management skills you will plan and drive the implementation of recommended changes from a recent review ensuring the best support is provided to our members and volunteers.
This is a unique and truly fabulous opportunity for an innovative, energetic leader to play a critical role in the long term success of the Society’s Youth & Education programs.
Key accountabilities include:
- Leading and motivating our youth and education team to achieve their objectives and support the overall strategic plan
- Driving innovation in the development and implementation of new initiatives to promote youth and education, including providing guidance and expertise to membership in the development of relevant business cases.
- Fostering relationships amongst members, schools, universities and local communities to promote, integrate and expand existing youth and education programs.
- Developing and implementing project management processes to ensure the effective coordination and integration of programs and resources.
You are a proactive leader who thrives on contributing to a positive team culture and cultivating your team’s capabilities to deliver outstanding work. Regarded as having extensive knowledge and experience in youth development, community/welfare services, and education development, you will actively engage with your key customers to support and guide initiatives for optimal impact.
More specifically you will have:
- Tertiary qualification (Bachelor or higher) in a relevant discipline including community development, social sciences, education, social work or youth work.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and management in youth development, community and/or welfare services, or education development.
- Excellent relationship development and management skills and experience in fostering a team approach to youth and educational development, including creating collaboration among partner organisations.
- Experience in developing and extending team members to ensure continued professional development.
- Able to promote the ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society to young people to deepen their commitment to social justice and assisting others.
- Knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching and its relevance and application in our works
Vinnies changes lives every day
If making a difference in your community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
* Weekend & evening work will be required and working hours will be flexible.*
Applications close: Thursday 22 March 2018
*Previous applicants need not apply*