Manager in Training - Northern Suburbs
Full time Rotating Roster
Due to a resent promotion we are currently seeking a passionate, energetic and dynamic fashion retailer to take their career to the next level within one of our vibrant A grade shops.
You are a strong retailer with leadership experience who enjoys keeping busy and loves building and cultivating relationships. You are someone who has a high learning agility and actively seeks out development opportunities in an environment that supports the leader you are today through to the leader you want to grow to be tomorrow.
You will bring a "hands on" approach and be a proactive operator who leads by example and thrives on delivering outstanding customer experience. This is a truly unique opportunity to start your leadership journey with Vinnies.
More specifically you will have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service
- Retail leadership experience with a real focus on people
- Demonstrated understanding of stock control management
- Proven retail sales experience with a drive to succeed and achieve results
- Excellent communication skills with a large range of stakeholders
- Ability to manage competing priorities, tasks and overall expectations
- A “Can do” proactive attitude and positive team spirit
Key accountabilities include:
- Assisting in managing and growing our shop’s capabilities
- Assisting in leading our volunteer team to deliver a memorable experience with our customers
- Striving for, meeting and beating sales targets
- Training, supporting and recruiting our dedicated team of volunteers
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging + loading on Retail Award Level 8
- An opportunity to be mentored by high achieving Vinnies shop managers
- Excellent working conditions and work life balance
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. On the frontline, face-to-face.
Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; Compeer support for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 volunteers. To find out more visit vinnies.org.au.
Grow with Vinnies
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 21 January 2018
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety