Shop Manager - Wangaratta
Full time rotating roster
We are currently seeking a passionate, energetic and dynamic retailer with proven management experience to continue developing the growing trade in our Rowan St shop. A hive of activity, this little gem is offering an opportunity for a suitably experienced retailer to utilise their exceptional leadership and merchandising skills in our vibrant shop.
You are someone who will inspire and coach our team with strong leadership, motivation and passion fostering the strong community vibe within the store. You have a real flair for merchandising and will embrace a diverse collection of fashion, furniture and homewares to create a positive customer experience.
You will bring a "hands on" approach and be a proactive operator who leads by example and thrives on delivering outstanding customer experience.
More specifically you will have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service
- Retail management experience with a real focus on people
- Demonstrated understanding of stock control management
- Proven retail apparel sales experience with a drive to succeed and achieve results
- Excellent communication skills with a large range of stakeholders
- Ability to manage competing priorities, tasks and overall expectations
- A “Can do” proactive attitude and positive team spirit
Key accountabilities include:
- Managing and growing our Shop’s capabilities
- Leading our volunteer team to deliver a memorable experience with our customers
- Striving for, meeting and beating sales targets
- Training, supporting and recruiting our dedicated team of volunteers
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging + loading on Retail Award Level 8
- Excellent working conditions and work life balance
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. On the frontline, face-to-face.
Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; Compeer support for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 volunteers. To find out more visit vinnies.org.au.
Vinnies much more than a retail store
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description. Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
Applications close: Sunday 14 January 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety