Shop Manager - Ferntree Gully
Full Time - Rotating Roster
We are currently seeking a passionate, energetic and dynamic retailer with proven management experience to continue developing the growing trade in our Forest Rd shop. A hive of activity, this little gem is offering an opportunity for a suitably experienced retailer to utilise their exceptional leadership and merchandising skills in our vibrant shop.
You are an inspiring individual who will coach our team with strong leadership, motivation and passion to continue fostering the strong community vibe within the store. You have a real flair for merchandising and will embrace a diverse collection of fashion and homewares to create a positive customer experience.
You will bring a "hands on" approach and be a proactive operator who leads by example and thrives on delivering outstanding customer experience. This is a unique and truly fabulous opportunity for an innovative, energetic leader to cultivate our shops personality and vibe to set it apart from the competition.
More specifically you will have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service
- Retail management experience with a real focus on people
- Demonstrated understanding of stock control management
- Proven retail apparel sales experience with a drive to succeed and achieve results
- Excellent communication skills with a large range of stakeholders
- Ability to manage competing priorities, tasks and overall expectations
- A 'Can Do' proactive attitude and positive team spirit
Key accountabilities include:
- Managing and growing our Store’s capabilities
- Leading our volunteer team to deliver a memorable experience with our customers
- Striving for, meeting and beating sales targets
- Training, supporting and recruiting our dedicated team of volunteers
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging on Retail Award Level 8
- Regular ongoing position
- Excellent working conditions and work life balance
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
The St Vincent de Paul Society aspires to be recognised as a caring Catholic charity offering ‘a hand up’ to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their destiny by providing practical support, advocacy and friendship. The Society is one of the most recognised and highly regarded charitable organisations that has been providing support to Victorians for 160 years. We operate over 100 retail shops throughout Victoria, commonly called “Vinnies” that raise much needed funds to support those who are vulnerable in the community.
Vinnies much more than a retail store
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 15 October 2017
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety