NILS Administration Officer/Bookkeeper
Part time – Geelong
20 hours per week
Fixed term – 3 years
The Society is seeking a NILS Administration Officer to deliver exceptional services by providing low-income clients access to small, no interest loans for essential household items and services. The role involves guiding applicants through the entire process from submitting loan application documentation to delivering the funds.
This position is pivotal to providing a strong financial/administration framework for the successful operation and expansion of the Society’ NILS Programme. The NILS Administration Officer/Bookkeeper will manage the operations of the No Interest Loans Scheme for the organisation under the guidance and management of the Manager Financial Operations and the Chair of Vinnies NILS Programme. They will also be actively involved in the marketing of the programme across the state using both the Societys’ network and external channels.
You will be enthusiastic, and driven by a commitment to provide service of a high standard. You are a proactive "hands on" team player who thrives on delivering outstanding work.
More specifically you will have:
- Highly professional and ability to act in a compassionate, non-judgemental manner, with a strong desire to provide quality client service
- A client-focused approach to service delivery typified by the ability to quickly establish professional credibility and rapport with a range of stakeholders and communicate financial information to a non-financial audience in a way that they can understand.
- High level administrative skills including the proficient use of Microsoft Office programs and willingness and ability to use client databases
- A flair for marketing
- Well-developed analytical and numeracy skills
- A thorough understanding of privacy and confidentiality principles
- An ability to work collaboratively and autonomously
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to prioritise and get things done
- Flexibility and ability to be adaptive
Key accountabilities include:
- Support NILS volunteers and coordinate the volunteers including training and development
- Assess loans and ensure loans submitted are within the NILS standard policies
- Arrange loan repayments through Centrepay, direct debit or direct deposit
- Formalise the decisions of all loan assessments
- Marketing and promoting the NILS program
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to the community
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. On the frontline, face-to-face.
Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; Compeer support for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 volunteers. To find out more visit vinnies.org.au.
Vinnies changes lives every day
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role by addressing the key selection criteria in the Position Description. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 15 October 2017
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed. These will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety.