Retail Assistant Hoppers Crossing
Tuesday - Saturday
8:45am – 5:15pm
A real destination for savvy shoppers our bright and bustling shop located in Hoppers Crossing is seeking a motivated and strong retailer who enjoys keeping busy and loves building relationships. You are someone who enjoys providing a positive customer experience while ensuring high standards of store presentation and stock management are maintained. You are a wiz at learning new skills and will embrace a diverse collection of furniture, fashion and homewares.
Often described as an honest and reliable individual you will be a dedicated team member who is committed to foster a positive team environment.
More specifically you will have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service
- Proven retail sales experience with a drive to beat sales targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management, adaptability and ability to multi-task
- The ability to work as part of a team in a busy environment
- A “Can do” proactive attitude and positive team spirit
Key accountabilities include:
- Assisting the Store Manager in leading and training our volunteer team to deliver a memorable experience with our customers
- Striving for, meeting and beating sales targets
- Maintaining store presentation and stock intensity
- Managing the receival and processing of donated items
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging + loading on Retail Award Level 3
- Regular ongoing position
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
The St Vincent de Paul Society aspires to be recognised as a caring Catholic charity offering ‘a hand up’ to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their destiny by providing practical support, advocacy and friendship. The Society is one of the most recognised and highly regarded charitable organisations that has been providing support to Victorians for 160 years. We operate over 100 retail shops throughout Victoria, commonly called “Vinnies” that raise much needed funds to support those who are vulnerable in the community.
Vinnies is more than a retail store
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 13 August 2017
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety