Shop Manager - Springvale
Full time Rotating roster
We are currently looking for a passionate, energetic and dynamic Retail Manager with strong fashion experience to continue the transformation journey in our vibrant shop. A gentle and compassionate leader you utilise your superior listening skills to inspire, engage and energise your team. A strong fashion retailer and a wiz at merchandising you have the ability to embrace an eclectic collection of fashion, furniture and homewares items to create the ultimate customer experience.
You bring a "hands on" approach and are a proactive leader who leads by example and easily develops and cultivates respectful relationships.
More specifically you will have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service
- Retail management experience with a real focus on people
- Demonstrated understanding of stock control management
- Proven retail apparel sales experience with a drive to succeed and achieve results
- Excellent communication skills with a large range of stakeholders
- Ability to manage competing priorities, tasks and overall expectations
- A “Can do” proactive attitude and positive team spirit
Key accountabilities include:
- Managing and growing our Store’s capabilities
- Leading our volunteer team to deliver a memorable experience with our customers
- Striving for, meeting and beating sales targets
- Training, supporting and recruiting our dedicated team of volunteers
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging on Retail Award Level 8
- Regular ongoing position
- Excellent working conditions and work life balance
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
The St Vincent de Paul Society aspires to be recognised as a caring Catholic charity offering ‘a hand up’ to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their destiny by providing practical support, advocacy and friendship. The Society is one of the most recognised and highly regarded charitable organisations that has been providing support to Victorians for 160 years. We operate over 100 retail shops throughout Victoria, commonly called “Vinnies” that raise much needed funds to support those who are vulnerable in the community.
Vinnies much more than a retail store
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 20 August 2017
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety