Shop Manager - Castlemaine
Part time 25 hours per week including Saturdays
Vinnies is growing! And as a result some new and exciting positions have been created to support our retail network. Due to rapid growth we are currently seeking a passionate, energetic and dynamic retailer with proven management experience to continue developing the growing trade in our vibrant shop.
You are a strong fashion retailer with leadership experience who enjoys keeping busy and loves building and cultivating relationships. You are someone who will inspire and coach our team with strong leadership, motivation and passion fostering the strong community vibe within the store.
You have a real flair for merchandising and will embrace a diverse collection of fashion, furniture and homewares to create a positive customer experience.
You will bring a "hands on" approach and be a proactive operator who thrives on delivering outstanding customer experience.
More specifically you will have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service
- Retail management experience with a real focus on people
- Demonstrated understanding of stock control management
- Proven retail apparel sales experience with a drive to succeed and achieve results
- Excellent communication skills with a large range of stakeholders
- Ability to manage competing priorities, tasks and overall expectations
- A “Can do” proactive attitude and positive team spirit
Key accountabilities include:
- Managing and growing our Shop’s capabilities
- Leading our volunteer team to deliver a memorable experience with our customers
- Striving for, meeting and beating sales targets
- Training, supporting and recruiting our dedicated team of volunteers
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging + loading on Retail Award Level 8
- Regular ongoing position
- Excellent working conditions and work life balance
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. On the frontline, face-to-face.
Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; Compeer support for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 volunteers. To find out more visit vinnies.org.au.
Grow with Vinnies
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 23 July 2017
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety