Development Officer – Western Central Council
In this role you will work with our volunteer membership to support the Society’s Western Central Council (Western Suburbs and Geelong) to provide effective responses to disadvantage within local communities. Reporting to the GM Service Development, you will provide support to grow and develop the membership, engage in partnerships with local agencies, and encourage new responses to local need and to positively impact the lives of people seeking our assistance.
Your engaging style will enable you to quickly build strong relationships with our internal and external community members to assist in the creation of an integrated approach to addressing disadvantage. With an integrated approach in mind you will actively provide and promote information within our conferences about supports and resources available within their local communities.
Regarded as having extensive knowledge and experience of working within Catholic and wider networks, you will actively engage with your key customers to provide support and guidance on a range of matters to various committees within the West. This is a unique and truly fabulous opportunity for an innovative, energetic leader to actively engage with our members to contribute to the long term success of the Western Central Council.
Key accountabilities include:
- Contribute to and participate in the development and delivery of the Central Council specific business plans and activities as requested by that Council
- Develop and implement membership recruitment strategies in partnership with Central and Regional Councils, Conferences and Members
- Support to develop external networks and an understanding of other local agencies operating in the Central Council area
- Support Conferences in the delivery of their assistance programs by providing relevant information and resources
- Organisation of local events which celebrate the Mission and Spirituality of the Society
More specifically you will have:
- Experience in the planning and execution of key projects
- Superb networking, teamwork, and interpersonal/diplomatic skills with ability to work effectively with stakeholders to achieve a common goal
- Proven stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills
- Experience in working with, and the recruitment and development of volunteers
- Experience in working with Catholic entity networks and organisations
- Experience in working with disadvantages people
- Strong Understanding of the principles of Catholic Social Teaching
- Experience in community networking and development
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with members, volunteers and staff
- Strong and effective judgement and decision making skills
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Tool of trade motor vehicle
Vinnies changes lives every day
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role.If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
* Weekend & evening work will be required and working hours will be flexible.*