Retail - Duty Manager Castlemaine
Join one of Victoria's Leading Not-For-Profits!
Part Time - Sunday - 09:45am - 16:15pm
The St Vincent de Paul Society aspires to be recognised as a caring charity offering ‘a hand up’ to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their destiny by providing practical support, advocacy and friendship.
The Society is one of the most recognised and highly regarded charitable organisations that has been providing support to Victorians for 160 years. We operate over 100 retail shops throughout Victoria, commonly called “Vinnies” that raise much needed funds to support those who are vulnerable in the community.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Duty Manager to join our vibrant team at our Castlemaine Shop. This is a perfect destination for all shoppers wanting to find pre loved treasures. You will lead a team of both amazing staff and volunteers who are just as passionate about giving back to their communities as you will be!
If you LOVE the idea of contributing to your local community by growing sales, coaching your budding retail heroes and in turn bringing in much needed funds to the organisation then we would love for you to apply!
Key accountabilities include:
- Leading our volunteer team to deliver a memorable experience with our customers
- Striving for, meeting and beating sales targets
- Training and supporting our dedicated team of volunteers
You are a truly inspirational leader who is well regarded for their communication skills and their ability to coach and mentor their team. Retail is second nature to you, and you can channel your extensive experience into directly contributing to the community.
- Great at visual merchandising?
- Love achieving results?
- Want to make your Shop an amazing place for our dedicated volunteers?
If you have answered yes, this could be a truly great opportunity for you to make a significant impact immediately.
More specifically you will have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service
- Retail management experience with a real focus on people
- Proven retail sales experience with a drive to beat sales targets
- Excellent communication skills
- A 'Can Do' proactive attitude and positive team spirit
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging + loading on Retail Award Level 6
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community. We are passionate about #Social Justice
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us
- We live and breathe our values
Grow with Vinnies
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements, we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role.
Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed. These will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and current working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.