In the role of HR Administrator, no two days are the same as you will be working closely with the People Support and Operations team to provide an excellent service for our employees, volunteers and members.
In addition to being the first point-of-contact for general HR enquiries, you will play a pivotal role in managing the administrative functions of compliance for all staff, volunteers and members. Collaborating with our talented professionals, you will help provide support and advice to our different cohorts and help our Vinnies network grow!
You come with a strong customer service orientation, you are justifiably proud of your responsive, approachable and solutions-focused nature and will utilize these attributes to ensure you create a positive impact for our different cohorts. In addition to a focus on delivering a quality experience, you also have a keen eye for detail and passion to bring your innovative ideas to the table.
- Strong administrative skills, ideally with prior experience as HR Administrator or Administrative Assistant, or other relevant roles
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills, with an ability to prioritise tasks
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders;
- An ability to handle sensitive data;
- Well-developed time management skills, with an ability to meet tight deadlines.
Why work for us? We offer:
- Salary packaging, sometimes called salary sacrificing is a huge attraction here! It is a popular way of providing employees in the community sector with tax benefits over and above their salary. It means the real value of a salary package can be significantly higher than the nominal value.
- We like to have a laugh and you will always find some sort of choclate or cake in our work area… be prepared!
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of over 300,000 people every year.
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice.
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way.
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements, we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated resume and a cover letter in word format that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role.
For more information, please read the position description here.
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed this will include reference checking, psychometric assessment, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.