Retail Assistant Manager - Oakleigh
Join one of Victoria's Leading Not-For-Profit Organisations!
Be part of a values driven team of successful retailers
Tax reducing salary packaging
Full time opportunity - Ongoing
Tuesday to Saturday - 8.45am to 5.15pm
Our fantastic Oakleigh Shop is excited to recruit for a superstar Retail Assistant Manager to support our Shop Manager as they continue to grow our amazing store and team!
Each day brings new and exciting challenges, as well as variety- there is never a dull moment! You will be surrounded by an eclectic mix of fashion and homewares and a vibrant, hardworking team. You will be challenged, motivated and driven to use your extensive leadership and merchandising skills to continue developing trade and creating a positive customer experience.
Vinnies is a special place and encourages all employees and volunteers to grow with us, add value and truly make a difference to the lives of others.
More specifically you will have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service
- Proven retail sales experience with a drive to beat sales targets
- Retail leadership experience with a real focus on people
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of stock control management
- An ability to manage competing priorities, tasks and overall expectations
- A capacity and passion for self-development
- A “Can do” proactive attitude and positive team spirit
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging + loading on Retail Award Level 6
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way
- A supportive and collaborative work environment - we value our employees and the excellent work that they do
- As an ever-expanding Organisation, there are always opportunities for growth available
The St Vincent de Paul Society aspires to be recognised as a caring Catholic charity offering ‘a hand up’ to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their destiny by providing practical support, advocacy and friendship. The Society is one of the most recognised and highly regarded charitable organisations that has been providing support to Victorians for 160 years. We operate over 100 retail shops throughout Victoria, commonly called “Vinnies” that raise much needed funds to support those who are vulnerable in the community.
Vinnies is more than a retail store
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a national criminal history and right to work check, and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.