Retail Receiving & Dispatch Manager - Kilsyth
- Join one of Victoria's Leading Not-For-Profit Organisations!
- Be part of a values-driven team of successful retailers
- Full-Time - 76 hours per fortnight - Ongoing Position
- Monday to Friday - 8.45am to 5.15pm
About the Role
We are currently seeking a retail superstar for the role of Receiving and Dispatch Manager to lead a diverse team of volunteers in our Kilsyth store!
You will lead volunteers who are just as passionate about giving back to their communities as are! This role is offering a unique opportunity for you to contribute to your local community. The Receiving and Dispatch Manager will support the Shop Manager in all operations of the receiving and dispatch of donated items. The role focusses on Receiving, Put away, Storage and Distribution of goods.
On the frontline and face-to-face, the St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; support programs for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
Through these programs, we offer 'a hand up' to people in need by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their destiny. Driven by this mission, the Society is one of the most recognised and highly regarded charitable organisations that has been providing support to Victorians for 160 years.
You are a truly inspirational leader who is well regarded for their organisation skills and their ability to coach and mentor their team. Store Operations to you is second nature and if you can channel your extensive experience into directly contributing to the community then it is a win for you!
Great at merchandising? Love stock control management? If you have answered yes, this could be a truly great opportunity for you to make a significant impact.
More specifically you will have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service
- Retail management experience with a real focus on stock management/retail operations
- Manage donations as required via walkie stacker (trained), or safe manual handling methods
- Sort donations as required
- Support transport with loading & unloading of trucks
- Excellent communication skills with a large range of stakeholders;
- Ability to manage competing priorities, tasks and overall expectations;
- A “Can do” proactive attitude and positive team spirit.
In return we offer:
- Salary packaging, sometimes called salary sacrificing is a huge attraction here! It is a popular way of providing employees in the community sector with tax benefits over and above their salary. It means the real value of a salary package can be significantly higher than the nominal value.
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
- We like to have a laugh and you will always find some sort of chocolate or cake in our work area… be prepared!
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of over 300,000 people every year.
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work.
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice.
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way.
- We are complex in our design which always makes work interesting.
This is an exciting opportunity not to be missed! If you are passionate about making change and contributing to the Society's future we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV outlining how your experience meets the key requirements found in the Position Description. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed. These will include reference checking, a national criminal history checks and current working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.