Full time 37.5 hours per week
Tax reducing salary packaging
A little bit about us
For over 165 years we have been in Victoria assisting people through the challenges of poverty and exclusion address suffering, advocating against inequality and promoting human dignity and self-determination.
Overall, St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria has many arms and services. These include soup vans, education programs, home visitation programs and VincentCare Victoria, which provides a range of services and programs for people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and disadvantage. This includes crisis accommodation, drug and alcohol dependency programs, and housing.
The Fundraising team are responsible for nurturing a pool of dedicated donors who support us with time, treasure and talent and to engage with new supporters to bring them into our long story. The generation of donated funds is the marvellous by-product that empowers our work.
A little about the Role
The purpose of this role is to lead and manage fundraising objectives as part of the SVDPV Strategic Plan. The role is central to the two goals from the Plan of:
(i) Drive fundraising growth:
We aim to nurture a pool of dedicated donors who support us with time, treasure and talent. Engage with new supporters to bring them into our long story.
(ii) Drive new income streams:
We aim to find new ways to work alongside program teams to develop our work by matching funding partners. Be transparent about where our funds go and the impact our supporters make.
A little bit about you
You are currently working within a Fundraising leadership role and have significant experience in developing successful strategies to increase fundraising growth. You are known for being responsive, approachable, and service oriented, you will confidently build connections with your key stakeholders and create robust working relationships that add value to the strategic plan initiatives.
You will be enthusiastic, highly organized, detail orientated and driven by a commitment to delivering exceptional results. You will bring a "hands on" approach and be a proactive operator who thrives on developing relationships to achieve high stakeholder engagement.
Why work for us? We offer:
- Salary packaging, sometimes called salary sacrificing is a huge attraction here! It is a popular way of providing employees in the community sector with tax benefits over and above their salary. It means the real value of a salary package can be significantly higher than the nominal value.
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
- We like to have a laugh and you will always find some sort of chocolate or cake in our work area… be prepared!
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of over 300,000 people every year.
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work.
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to a firm committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice.
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way.
- We are complex in our design which always makes work interesting.
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role.
Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Please don’t delay in submitting your application as applications will be reviewed upon submission.
The process will include phone screening and a panel interview.
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a national criminal history check, a working with children check and proof of vaccination certificate.