Retail - Casual Duty Manager
Join one of Victoria's Leading Not-For-Profits!
Competitive Salary + Tax reducing salary package
Casual, Permanent Position across Western Suburbs
Our Vinnies Stores in the Westerns Suburbs are currently looking for a talented Duty Manager to join our amazing retail team!
You will lead a passionate team of volunteers across the Gippsland region. If you LOVE the idea of contributing to your local community by growing sales, coaching your budding retail heroes and in turn bringing in much needed funds to the organisation then we would love for you to apply!
Vinnies is a special place and it is growing! With already 100 Retail Shop across Victoria and growing, there is no better time to join an award winning retail team and help us grow and develop the Vinnies Brand.
You are a truly inspirational leader who is well regarded for their communication skills and their ability to coach and mentor their team. Retail to you is second nature and if you can channel your extensive experience into directly contributing to the community then it is a win win for you! Great at visual merchandising? Love achieving results? Want to make your Shop an amazing place for our dedicated volunteers? If you have answered yes, this could be a truly great opportunity for you to make a significant impact immediately.
More specifically you will have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service
- Retail management experience with a real focus on people
- Proven retail sales experience with a drive to beat sales targets
- Excellent communication skills
- A 'Can Do' proactive attitude and positive team spirit
Key accountabilities include:
- Leading our volunteer team to deliver a memorable experience with our customers
- Striving for, meeting and beating sales targets
- Training and supporting our dedicated team of volunteers
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging + loading on Retail Award Level 6
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community. We are passionate about #Social Justice
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us
- We live and breathe our values
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. On the frontline, face-to-face. The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 volunteers. To find out more visit vinnies.org.au. Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; Compeer support for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
Grow with Vinnies
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions