Shop Manager - Metro Melbourne
Join one of Victoria's leading not for profits and be a part of something big
Be part of a values driven team of successful award winning retailers
Full-time Ongoing Role. Leave-Loading & Salary Packaging available
We are currently looking for a passionate, energetic and dynamic Shop Manager with strong fashion and homewares experience to join us. This is a truly exciting opportunity for an innovative, energetic leader to create a real destination for savvy shoppers who are looking for a retail destination with purpose.
A little bit about you
You are a creative and solutions focused Shop Manager who has a great eye for merchandising an eclectic range of items to create a story which customers will love.
You are an inspiring individual who will coach our team with strong leadership, motivation and passion. A proactive leader you thrive on contributing to a positive team culture and cultivating your team’s capabilities to deliver an outstanding customer service experience.
You will bring a "hands on" approach and be a proactive operator who leads by example with high levels of energy, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude. This role would suit a candidate with large department store experience.
More specifically you have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service and can coach a team to deliver the same
- A strong understanding of visual merchandising (fashion/apparel highly regarded) and can work with the team to ensure the store is always well presented, tidy and engaging for customers
- Retail leadership experience with a real focus on people. You are confident in setting goals and working with a large team to support their success through clear communication, training and development.
- Outstanding communication skills which cultivate a team environment of trust, motivation and accountability, to maximise performance
Why work for us? We offer:
- Salary Packaging. A popular way of providing employees in the community sector with tax benefits over and above their salary. It means the real value of a salary package can be significantly higher than the nominal value
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of more than 300,000 people every year
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation committed to helping others. We are passionate about our #GoodWorks and #Socialjustice
- We live and breathe our values
A little bit about us
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria exists to provide support to people across Victoria. For over 165 years we have been in Victoria assisting people through the challenges of poverty and exclusion address suffering, advocating against inequality and promoting human dignity and self-determination.
Overall, the group of companies of St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria has many arms and services. These include soup vans, education programs, home visitation programs and VincentCare Victoria, which provides a range of services and programs for people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and disadvantage. They also provide crisis accommodation, drug and alcohol dependency programs, and housing.
Our network of 110 Vinnies Shops across the state also play a key part in funding our many programs and services and providing material assistance to people we help.
Where good happens # Goodworks
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, medical, a national criminal history and right to work check, and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.