Driver - Altona
Join one of Victoria's Leading Not-For-Profit Organisations!
Be part of a values driven team to support our successful retailers
Tax reducing salary packaging
75 hours per fortnight - Monday to Friday
Our drivers are the 'face' of our organisation, so you need to be a special type of person, who really puts our customers and the people we serve first. You will be required to work in our busy transport team located out if our Altona Delivery Centre, collecting donated furniture as well as helping our shop network by picking up excess donations. You will bring a "hands on" flexible approach and be a proactive operator who thrives on delivering outstanding customer experience.
Vinnies is a special place and encourages all employees and volunteers to grow with us, add value and truly make a difference to the lives of others.
You are a positive individual with an unflappable demeanor who has a drive to be part of an organisation doing exceptional things in the community. You bring a 'hands on' flexible approach are a proactive operator who thrives on positively engaging with customers. You are highly organised with a sound understanding of safe work practices.
More specifically you will have:
- A valid MR driving license
- Previous commercial driving experience, multi drop preferred
- Experience in loading & unloading trucks safely
- Experience in furniture removal / delivery
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Possess strong values and character
- A superior commitment to safety
Key accountabilities include:
- Unload and load trucks in a safe and timely manner
- Multi-stop pickups and deliveries - dedicated runs
- Load restraint compliance
- Legibly complete and hand in all paperwork
- Be part of a proactive safety culture and participate in all safety initiatives
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way
- A supportive and collaborative work environment - we value our employees and the excellent work that they do
- We are growing and there are lots of opportunities available
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. On the frontline, face-to-face. The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 volunteers. To find out more visit vinnies.org.au. Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; Compeer support for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
Grow with Vinnies
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions