Business Analyst Communication & Technology
Join one of Victoria's leading not for profits
Full Time, Fixed term 3 years
Salary Packaging + flexible working arrangements
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria (Vinnies Victoria) provides assistance to people across Victoria whose daily struggles can include putting food on the table, paying essential utilities and ensuring their children remain at school to obtain an education.
This assistance aims to cover the basics, to take the pressure off, for things like food, petrol, education, utility bills, medical expenses, and more. The support model is designed to give people a compassionate hand up, with human connection, in times of crisis.
Our services include: soup vans, education programs, home visitation and retail shops. VincentCare, our subsidiary, provides a range of services and programs for people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and disadvantage, such as crisis accommodation, drug and alcohol dependency programs, and work and training opportunities for people living with a disability.
Our network of 110 Vinnies Shops across the state also play a key part in funding our many programs and services and providing material assistance to people we help.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Society as we work towards identifying, developing and deploying ICT solutions to business requirements to better support and expand the capabilities of our people. This is a genuine opportunity to partner with key technical and non technical teams to identify business needs, explore innovative solutions and guide the implementation through to user delivery.
In this role you will be responsible for engaging with stakeholders and external vendors in for the successful integration of business transformation work. This will include development of new and existing systems. Based at our Box Hill Central Office, but split between home, you will support:
- a secure, easy to deploy and cost-effective enterprise technology architecture;
- a reliable, cost-effective and maintainable business systems;
- management of ICT vendors and providers, ensuring ICT services perform to defined standards and within agreed budgets; and
- management of system performance, capability and capacity requirements (including training) to support changes in organisational requirements.
With a passion for partnering with key stakeholders to design and implement innovative solutions which support the organisations strategic goals, you thrive on working with teams to deliver key projects that have real impact. With strong interpersonal skills you build collaborative relationships with ease and can effectively communicate technical information. You're highly accountable, and excel in utilising analysis to drive the decision making process to achieve business requirements. More specifically you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT, Business, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, or a closely related field
- experience working in a role with similar functions as a Business Analyst
- experience in delivering projects against multiple project management methodologies (Prince2 and Agile)
- strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills driven by a strategic focus, initiative, and sound judgement;
- a high technological aptitude to form a bridge between business and technology.
Why work for us? We offer:
- Flexible working & great hours. Work life balance is important to us
- Salary Packaging. A popular way of providing employees in the community sector with tax benefits over and above their salary. It means the real value of a salary package can be significantly higher than the nominal value
- A welcoming team environment offering support, assistance and guidance
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of more than 300,000 people every year
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation committed to helping others. We are passionate about our #GoodWorks and #Socialjustice
- We live and breathe our values
What are you waiting for?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please don’t delay in sending us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Monday 12 April 2021 at 11.30pm
The process will include phone screening, an online psychometric assessment and a panel interview.
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a national criminal history and right to work check, and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.