Retail Assistant Manager - Ringwood
Join one of Victoria's Leading Not-For-Profit Organisations!
Be part of a values driven team of successful retailers
Tax reducing salary packaging
60 hours per fortnight - Monday - Tuesday & Friday - Saturday 08:45 - 5:15pm
It has been a difficult time during the past few months for everyone, communities, families an industries alike. Vinnies has worked extremely hard to continue to provide services and support to its communities (with alterations) and we are increasing our services week on week. We are continuing to re-open shops across Victoria and are returning stronger than ever, with a deep sense of purpose and with new exciting opportunities.
A real destination for savvy shoppers, our vibrant store located in Ringwood is seeking a motivated and strong retail team leader, who enjoys keeping busy and loves building relationships. A hive of activity, this shop is offering an unique and truly fabulous opportunity for a retail superstar to take on their next leadership opportunity.
You will be surrounded by an eclectic mix of fashion and homewares and a vibrant, hardworking team. You will be challenged, motivated and driven to use your extensive leadership and merchandising skills to continue developing trade and creating a positive customer experience.
Vinnies is a special place and encourages all employees and volunteers to grow with us, add value and truly make a difference to the lives of others.
More specifically you will have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service
- Proven retail sales experience with a drive to beat sales targets
- Retail leadership experience with a real focus on people
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of stock control management
- An ability to manage competing priorities, tasks and overall expectations
- A capacity and passion for self-development
- A “Can do” proactive attitude and positive team spirit
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging + loading on Retail Award Level 6
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way
- A supportive and collaborative work environment - we value our employees and the excellent work that they do
- We are growing and there are lots of opportunities available
The St Vincent de Paul Society aspires to be recognised as a caring Catholic charity offering ‘a hand up’ to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their destiny by providing practical support, advocacy and friendship. The Society is one of the most recognised and highly regarded charitable organisations that has been providing support to Victorians for 160 years. We operate over 100 retail shops throughout Victoria, commonly called “Vinnies” that raise much needed funds to support those who are vulnerable in the community.
Vinnies is more than a retail store
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 12th July 2020 at 11:30pm
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety