Duty Manager - Thomastown
Join one of Victoria's Leading Not-For-Profits!
An exciting opportunity to work in our brand new Thomastown Shop!
Part Time, Ongoing role,
Sunday 9.45am to 4.15pm
St Vincent de Paul Society are on the move and growing by the day with our fourth Shop in 12 months opening in Thomastown. This is an amazing opportunity for a superstar Duty Manager to hit the ground running, who has proven management and retail experience to lead our new shop to success.
You will love fresh and exciting challenges, enjoy keeping busy as well thriving off building and cultivating relationships with customers and staff alike. You are an inspiring individual who will coach our team with direction, motivation and passion. You love variation and will embrace an eclectic collection of fashion, homewares and furniture items to create the ultimate customer experience.
More specifically you will have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service
- Retail management experience with a real focus on people
- Proven retail sales experience with a drive to beat sales targets
- Excellent communication skills
- A 'Can Do' proactive attitude and positive team spirit
Key accountabilities include:
- Leading our volunteer team to deliver a memorable experience with our customers
- Striving for, meeting and beating sales targets
- Training and supporting our dedicated team of volunteers
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging + loading on Retail Award Level 6
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community. We are passionate about #Social Justice
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us
- We live and breathe our values
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. On the frontline, face-to-face.The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 volunteers. To find out more visit vinnies.org.au. Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; Compeer support for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
Grow with Vinnies
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you.Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 1st March 2020
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a medical, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.