Duty Manager - Sunbury
Part Time, Ongoing Role
Sundays 9:45am - 4:15pm
We are currently looking for a passionate and dynamic retailer with strong leadership experience who understand the Vinnies vibe and can utilise their exceptional merchandising skills to create a real destination to our Sunbury shop. A hive of activity, you will enjoy keeping busy and love building and cultivating relationships. You are an inspiring individual who will coach our team with strong leadership, motivation and passion. You are a wiz at merchandising and will embrace an eclectic collection of fashion, homewares and furniture items to create the ultimate customer experience.
You will bring a "hands on" approach and be a proactive operator who thrives on delivering outstanding customer experience.
More specifically you will have:
- A real passion for delivering incredible customer service
- Retail management experience with a real focus on people
- Proven retail sales experience with a drive to beat sales targets
- Excellent communication skills
- A 'Can Do' proactive attitude and positive team spirit
Key accountabilities include:
- Leading our volunteer team to deliver a memorable experience with our customers
- Striving for, meeting and beating sales targets
- Training and supporting our dedicated team of volunteers
In return we offer:
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way
- A supportive and collaborative work environment - we value our employees and the excellent work that they do
- We are growing and there are lots of opportunities available
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is a diverse workforce made up of 380 employees and over 12,500 volunteers. Our wide network of volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community through our Conferences, Special Works, Soup Van Operations and Vinnies shops.
Grow with Vinnies
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you.Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Friday 14 February 2020
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed these will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.