Conference Support Officer
Join one of Victoria's Leading Not-For-Profits!
Full Time, Ongoing Role
Box Hill Location
Tax Reducing Salary Packaging + Car + Car Parking + more!
The St Vincent de Paul Society and its wide network of volunteers provide practical frontline support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of the community. If you are someone who wants to do life changing work and make a real impact upon the people in your community then please read on!
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate advocate to join the Society as a Conference Support Officer. The Conference Support Officer's role involves working with the Society's Central Council, Regional Councils & Conferences and will include providing regular, ongoing support and communication relating to policies, procedures and advice. The role has a strong focus on ensuring all relevant information is available and communicated to Members effectively which in turn allows Members to provide support to the lives of people seeking our assistance in clear and consistent manner. We are all about positive impact here and this role is pivotal in creating a positive experience for members and those we serve.
What are Members, Conferences & Councils?
Volunteer service is the backbone of the St Vincent de Paul Society. The Society is made up of dedicated ‘Members’; all who volunteer their time to undertake a range of community support activities at a local level which is know as a 'Conference'.
Conference Members are passionate about helping those in need in their local community and are usually attached to; parishes, schools, universities, social groups, workplaces, or groups of individuals from the local area.
Conference Members meet regularly and no work of charity is foreign to them. Together they visit people in their homes, in hospitals, institutions or wherever else they may be found needing aid or comfort. Conference work is not limited to home visitation, members also meet and pray together at others times.
Councils are formed to provide a link between the Conferences. Lead by the National Council, are the State Council and Regional or Territory Councils, who meet on a regular basis.
Your excellent communication style and engaging interpersonal skills will enable you to quickly build strong relationships with our Members. This, teamed with your high level of professionalism and customer service will enable you to build trust quickly and positively influence the people around you.
Known for being detail orientated, you will enjoy the role's focus on quality and will actively seek opportunities to improve processes and procedures.
This is a unique and truly fabulous opportunity for someone who wants to contribute their skills to an organisation committed to helping others.
Key accountabilities include:
- Delivery of clear, documented processes for all Membership /Conference operations in line with a quality framework
- Provision of reporting for Central & Regional Councils
- Annual Planning with Central Council President
- Succession needs forecasted and development plans implemented
- Organisation of local events which celebrate the Mission and Spirituality of the Society
- Ensure all compliance is up to date and in line with the Society's expectations
- Strong written communication and procedure writing skills
- High attention to detail and analysis skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Adaptability & flexibility
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong relationship building ability
- Awareness and understanding of the mission of the St Vincent de Paul Society
- Commitment & empathy toward the work of the Society and its Membership
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Excellent values and cultural alignment
- Experience in working with disadvantaged people
- Experience in community networking and development
- Experience in working within Catholic entity networks and organisations (desirable)
Why work for us? We offer:
- Excellent working hours of 37.5 hours a week
- Tax Reducing Salary Packaging + Car + Car Parking + mobile phone + other fantastic SVDP benefits
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of over 300,000 people every year
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work
- We have a very diverse infrastructure portfolio which keeps the job interesting!
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to a charitable organisation committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way
- We live and breathe our values
Vinnies changes lives every day
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
* Some travel across Gippsland and the Eastern Suburbs will be required - Driving License is essential *
Applications close: Wednesday 16 October 2019
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed. These will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and current working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety