Join one of Victoria's Leading Not-For-Profits!
Full Time, Ongoing Role
Tax Reducing Salary Packaging + Car + Car Parking + more!
The St Vincent de Paul Society and its wide network of volunteers provide practical frontline support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of the community. If you are someone who wants to do life changing work and make a real impact upon the people in your community then please read on!
As the Facilities coordinator you will assist in the effective management of the Society’s infrastructure assets comprising a significant and diverse property portfolio. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing maintenance, environmental and building operational management strategies to improve service, financial and asset performance and minimise risks to the organisation.
With the ability work both autonomously and as a part of a cohesive team unit, you are proud of your responsive, approachable and solutions-focused nature. Positive impact is what we are all about so if you are someone who has lots of initiative and a will to help teams succeed, come on and apply!
Key accountabilities include:
- Taking ownership of facilities related projects as directed
- Administer all aspects of the Society’s non-commercial motor vehicle fleet
- Maintain the Society’s contract register and facilitate the timely review/renewal of all contracts
- Provide property management and support for the administration building including security, cleaning and maintenance requirements
- A qualification in Infrastructure Management, a trade qualification or three to five years industry experience which is directly relevant to the role (essential).
- Current Victorian Driver License (essential)
- Strong general administration skills, with an understanding of property management systems
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office, Excel (knowledge of WMS System well regarded
- Experience in Project & Contractor management
- Ability to identify, communicate and execute priority initiatives in a structured and consistent manner
- An ability to think proactively and be willing to propose and implement improvements to processes
- The capability to prioritise work commitments and manage competing deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external parties
- Experience in managing budgets
- Proven ability to analyse problems and find solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Have energy, enthusiasm and the ability to see things through
- Strongly focused customer service ethos, with high levels of empathy and understanding for the needs of the stakeholders
- Preparedness to vary normal working hours including some intra-state travel and overnight stays
Why work for us? We offer:
- Excellent working hours of 37.5 hours a week
- Tax Reducing Salary Packaging + Car + Car Parking + mobile phone + other fantastic SVDP benefits
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of over 300,000 people every year
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work
- We have a very diverse infrastructure portfolio which keeps the job interesting!
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to a firm committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way
- We live and breathe our values
The St Vincent de Paul Society aspires to be recognised as a caring Catholic charity offering ‘a hand up’ to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their destiny. We operate over 100 retail shops throughout Victoria, commonly called “Vinnies” that raise much needed funds to support people in need.
Vinnies changes lives every day
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 13 October 2019
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed. These will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and current working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety