Volunteer Membership Support
(supporting areas ranging from Seymour, Kilmore, Bacchus Marsh, the Western suburbs, through to Geelong).
Full time – Altona
Fixed term – 3 years
An exciting opportunity exists for a passionate advocate to join the Society as a Development Officer in the provision of volunteer membership support within a faith based social justice organisation. In this role you will provide support to grow and develop our membership, engage in partnerships with local community agencies, and encourage innovative responses to local need to positively impact the lives of people seeking our assistance.
You have experience in a volunteer organisation with a demonstrated understanding of volunteer attraction, satisfaction, engagement and retention strategies. Your engaging style will enable you to quickly build strong relationships with our members to support their works and actively promote the recruitment and development of our volunteer membership.
Regarded as having extensive knowledge and experience in your field, you will easily establish your credibility within the Catholic and wider networks to actively engage with your key stakeholders.
This is a unique and truly fabulous opportunity for an innovative, energetic individual to actively engage with our members to assist in the promotion of welfare and equity issues in the region.
Key accountabilities include:
- Develop and implement volunteer membership attraction, satisfaction, engagement and retention strategies
- Supporting the development of meaningful networks and fostering an awareness of other local agencies, support services, community welfare agencies, community legal services and relevant government welfare agencies
- Supporting the volunteer members in the delivery of their assistance programs by providing relevant support, information and resources
- Assisting volunteer leaders to develop leadership and organisational skills in themselves and other members
- Contributing to and participating in the development and delivery of business plans and activities
- Organisation of local events which celebrate the Mission and Spirituality of the Society
More specifically you will have:
- Experience in working with, and the recruitment and development of volunteers
- Superb networking, teamwork, and interpersonal/diplomatic skills with ability to work effectively with stakeholders to positively apply social justice initiatives / support
- Proven stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills
- Effective judgement and decision making skills
- Experience in / understanding of working with disadvantaged people
- Experience in community networking and development
- Experience in / understanding of working within Catholic entity networks and organisations
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Tool of trade motor vehicle
Vinnies changes lives every day
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 15 October 2017
* Weekend & evening work will be required and working hours will be flexible.*
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed. These will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.