Finance Officer – Accounts Payable
Full time - Box Hill
Fixed term – 3 years
The Society is seeking a Finance Officer – Accounts Payable to provide accurate and timely support in the collection of financial data. Reporting directly to the Finance Accountant, you will process information and support on a range of accounting matters with a strong focus on customer service. Your main focus is to ensure the efficient and effective processing of invoices received for payment in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. The role will support the Finance team in producing financial reporting for the group and ensuring internal procedures are adhered to.
You will bring a "hands on" approach and be a proactive operator who thrives on working as a team to deliver outstanding work.
More specifically you will have:
- Proven and relevant experience in high volume Accounts Payable
- Demonstrated experience in processing large amounts of data
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and work within timeframes and deadlines
- Effective time management skills
- High level of judgement and problem solving skills
- Navision experience desirable
Key accountabilities include:
- Processing Accounts Payable and follow-up on transactions as required
- Accurately allocating and maintaining banking and receipting
- Process weekly vendor payments and remittances
- Attend to month-end tasks and reconciliations completed in allocated time frames
- Respond to queries
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to the community
The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. On the frontline, face-to-face.
Key services include Vinnies Shops; Vinnies Soup Vans; Compeer support for people experiencing mental illness; home visitation; youth programs; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; education and tutoring; and a range of other volunteer-run initiatives that assist people in need.
The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 149 countries and has over 950,000 volunteers. To find out more visit vinnies.org.au.
Vinnies changes lives every day
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role by addressing the key selection criteria in the Position Description. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 13 August 2017
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed. These will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety.