Warehouse Assistant - Dandenong
Join one of Victoria's Leading Not-For-Profits!
Competitive Salary + Tax reducing salary package
Full Time, 75 hours per fortnight Monday - Friday
It has been a difficult time during the past few months for everyone, communities, families an industries alike. Vinnies has worked extremely hard to continue to provide services and support to its communities (with alterations) and we are increasing our services week on week. Now that almost all shops are back in operation across Victoria, we are returning stronger than ever, with a deep sense of purpose and with new exciting opportunities. More then ever our Warehouse team are so important to ensure we continue to support our Retail Shops with our amazing donated items.
We want to assure you when you choose a career with Vinnies, no matter what happens in the world, we are here for you. Vinnies is a safe space for you to flourish and grow a successful and purposeful career.
Keeping our staff, volunteers customers, and those we support assist safe is extremely important to us, to ensure this occurs we have COVID Safe plans in place across all areas of our business following Government guidelines.
This is an amazing opportunity for a Warehouse superstar to join the team at our Dandenong Distribution Centre. With over 100 Retail Shops across Victoria our dedicated team sort and process the incredible amount of donated goods we receive from the public as well as corporate donations and ensure they are ready for sale weekly.
We are looking for a hard working individual, who is honest and reliable and in return Vinnies can promise that no day will be the same and your hard work is contributing to our mission to provide a hand up to those in need.
More specifically you will have:
- Demonstrated experience warehouse / sorting environment
- Understanding of stock control management
- Understand and demonstrate safe work practice within a warehouse environment
- Proven retail apparel sales experience with a drive to succeed and achieve results
- A “Can do” proactive attitude and positive team spirit
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way
- A supportive and collaborative work environment - we value our employees and the excellent work that they do
- We are growing and there are lots of opportunities available
This is an exciting opportunity not to be missed! If you are passionate about making change and contributing to the Society's future we cant wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and Cover Letter outlining how your experience meets the key requirements found in the Position Description. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close: Wednesday 14th April 2021 at 11.30pm
Learn more about Vinnies!
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed. These will include reference checking, a national criminal history check and current working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.